[This is the seventh in a series of articles on the ministry of the prophet and gift of prophecy.]
As described in the previous article, God continues to teach us as we move into the deep end. He stretches us, and is always faithful to give us what we need.
Lesson 4 – Learning the Radar
At times I have gotten a vague word just walking into a situation. I learned the hard way that not every prophetic impression was to be shared publicly.
Sometimes it was a matter of being within radar range – that many who are within radar range will be hearing the same thing. On these occasions, if God’s Spirit is saying, “John 3:16,” before a meeting even starts, then “all who have an ear to hear” will pick up on that.
If someone speaks that verse out, it may be the role of another who sensed the same thing to affirm it with an “Amen!” or to affirm it with that person to encourage them.
As I have shared before, it’s good to ask God questions when we’re not sure what to do with a word. Sometimes I have had a strong impression regarding a situation, but felt that it was not for me to share, but to pray concerning the situation.
Rather than running off with half a word , sometimes to impress others, it’s better to find out what God wants us to do with it.
There have been times when I have had the opportunity to come up to someone just starting out in the prophetic who nervously shared a word, and tell them I heard the same thing from God, and that they were right on the mark. Seeing the million dollar smile on their face was priceless!
More in this series:
- My Prophetic Journey: The Call
- My Prophetic Journey Part 2: The Redemption Box
- My Prophetic Journey Part 3: School Starts
- My Prophetic Journey Part 4: Motives
- My Prophetic Journey Part 5: When to share or not to share
- My Prophetic Journey Part 6: Confirmation
- My Prophetic Journey Part 7: Learning the Radar
- My Prophetic Journey Part 8: The Challenge of the Roller Coaster
- My Prophetic Journey Part 9: How to minister in North Dakota and not even be there!
- My Prophetic Journey Part 10: Prophetic Protocol
- My Prophetic Journey Part 11: You Can’t Draw Water from an Empty Well
- My Prophetic Journey Part 12: Using your keys
- My Prophetic Journey Part 13: Prophetic Props
- My Prophetic Journey Part 14: The Angel and the demon
- My Prophetic Journey Part 15: The Last Word