Stéphane Bourgoin, a popular French writer, has just come clean. His 40 books, that sold millions in France, specialized in the serial killer genre. He has become somewhat of a celebrity and has even been featured in several documentaries on serial killers.
But recently he revealed several lies that he had made up about himself over the years. In an interview with Paris Match, Bourgoin said “My lies have weighed me down. I have arrived at the balance-sheet time.”
Here is the list:
- He never had a wife who was murdered by a serial killer in 1976.
- He never trained with the FBI.
- He never interviewed Charles Manson.
- He never played professional soccer.
- He never interviewed anywhere near the 70 killers that he claimed.
We all have our secrets. An old Scottish proverb states: “Open confession is good for the soul.”