The Donnell family in Browns Summit, NC believes God may have had a hand in their rescue after their house caught on fire, on the morning of Monday, May 23, 2022, CBN reports.
Despite the smoke and fire alarms going off, the family was only awakened after hearing their doorbell ringing incessantly.
The family fled their home, but when they got outside, they found no one outside the house.
“I just think it was God that woke us up. We didn’t hear any alarms, no smoke, just the doorbell over and over. Nobody was outside when we got outside,” Sharol Donnell told WGHP News.
The house suffered heavy damage and may be a total loss.
The family has no idea who rang the doorbell, but a neighbor suggested it may have been an angel.