blog, Politics
Leave a Comment

Did WHO just say COVID is no more dangerous than the flu?


Some suspect that Dr. Michael Ryan, the World Health Organization’s (WHO) director of emergencies, was probably wanting to spread more fear about how serious COVID was by stating that the best estimate is that 10% of the world’s population has contracted the virus. Of course, this was intended as a serious warning to the remaining 90%.

However, others suggest a quick look at those stats inadvertently proves the exact opposite because it reveals that COVID is no more dangerous than the seasonal flu when it comes to its death rate.

LifeSite News explains:

GENEVA, October 16, 2020 (LifeSiteNews) – In an apparent attempt to incite a level of fear regarding the spread of COVID-19, World Health Organization (WHO) officials released what at first glance appears to be an alarming infection rate number. When that number is compared to the number of deaths, however, it proves that the death rate of the novel coronavirus is comparable to the seasonal flu, something that many experts and close observers have been claiming for months.

According to the AP, the WHO’s executive director of emergencies, Dr. Michael Ryan, indicated as much on October 5th during a “special session of the WHO’s 34-member executive board focusing on COVID-19.”

“The disease continues to spread. It is on the rise in many parts of the world,” Ryan stated. “Our current best estimates tell us that about 10 percent of the global population may have been infected by this virus.” […]

Given a world population of approximately 7.8 billion people, the total number of COVID-19 infections would be around 780 million individuals.  With “the global death toll currently attributed to Sars-Cov-2 infections at 1,061,539,” this would equate to “an infection fatality rate of roughly 0.14%,” which Knightly affirms is “right in line with seasonal flu,” along with the research and “predictions of many experts from all around the world.”

READ: WHO’s COVID infection number when compared to death number indicates virus no more dangerous than flu

And many suggest that the .14% death rate is too high, because the number of deaths attributed to COVID have been highly exaggerated as even WHO admits.

This is not the first time we heard this flu comparison. Dr. Anthony Fauci, the infectious disease expert for the US White House, said much the same thing in a report published in the New England Journal of Medicine.

WND explains:

In fact, Dr. Anthony Fauci, the top White House infectious disease expert, co-authored an article published March 26 in the New England Journal of Medicine predicting the case fatality rate for the coronavirus would turn out to be like that of a “severe seasonal influenza.”

READCDC indicates COVID infection-fatality rate less than 1%

Of course, then there was the report by the US Centers for Disease Control (CDC) that provided the survival rates for COVID: READCDC Data Shows High Virus Survival Rate: 99%-Plus for Ages 69 and Younger, 94.6% for Older

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.