A survey of 846 K-12 schools conducted by the National Center for Education Statistics (NCES) in the second week of May, 2022, found that 80% of public schools reported that COVID and its related lockdowns had a negative impact on students, the Christian Post reports.
According to NCES’s survey:
- 87% of schools stated that COVID negatively impacted their student’s emotional development.
- 83% said it impacted student’s behavioral development;
- 72% reported an increase in student absences in class;
- 56% reported an increase in student misconduct in class;
- 49% reported an increase in misconduct outside of class; and
- 48% reported an increase in disrespect for teachers.
Many parents are blaming the educational system for these problems, and we are seeing a move to homeschooling and private education. READ: New Christian School Gets 2,500 Applications as Families Flee Public Ed in Droves: ‘Once in 100-Years Moment’
The problem was the lockdowns
WITH THIS HEADLINE: CDC: Schools Safe to Reopen Before Vaccinations