Arguments have started today at the US Supreme Court to overturn Roe vs Wade, that provided abortion rights for American women in 1973.
Of course, at the heart of the matter is, do unborn babies have any rights or can they be disposed of at the whim of the mother?
Some are even demanding that abortions should be allowed up to the moment of birth. One day, a baby could be legally killed, the next day it would be classified as murder.
There are two keys to this case.
One is viability. Just because a baby needs life support if removed from the womb early, it is still a human life.
Secondly, at the moment of conception, a baby already has its own unique DNA, and by 15 weeks, the baby is fully human, complete with functioning organs and a heart beat.
From this point on, the baby’s primary goal is to get bigger.
The Charlotte Lozier Institute produced a document describing all that is taking place in a baby’s life at 15 weeks of age.
CBN provided this summary:
- A baby’s heart starts beating about 22 days after fertilization.
- The baby’s heart pumps 26 quarts of blood per day.
- By 15 weeks, the baby’s heart has already beat approximately 15,800,000 times.
- In total, a baby’s heart beats about 54 million times between conception and birth.
- Brain connections formed by 15 weeks’ gestation last into adulthood.
- Starting at 10 weeks of gestational age, the fetus begins the breathing process.
- The kidneys already filter toxins.
- Intestines have started the lifelong contractions that propel food through the digestive system.
- Surgeons have successfully performed surgery on 15-week old babies in utero.
- Pain is felt by the baby.
- Each little finger can be moved separately. If something touches the palm of the baby’s hand, the baby will bend his or her fingers as if to grasp the object.
- Fingerprints that identify each unique individual start forming in the 10th week.
- Eye movement can be seen during an ultrasound.
- The baby’s entire body responds to touch.
- The unborn baby prefers sucking her right or left thumb.
- By studying ultrasounds, scientists have determined that 85% of unborn babies prefer moving their right hand over their left hand. About 85% of adults prefer their right hand, too.
The Silent Scream
The Silent Scream, an age-restricted video on YouTube, uses ultrasound to show an abortion being performed in 1984.
In this sickening video, you will actually see the baby pulling away from the abortionist’s high speed suction tube that will eventually rip the baby apart.
As noted in the video, before the abortion started, the baby appears to be sucking her thumb and her heart rate was 140 beats per minute. (Note: I am not sure if the baby is a boy or girl.)
Once the procedure started, the baby’s heart rate reached 200 beats per second, indicating she was terrified by what was happening.
But, where can a baby run and hide in a womb.