blog, Politics, z241
Leave a Comment

Ontario field hospital sits empty during alleged ICU crisis?


The Canadian province of Ontario has just instituted stay-at-home lockdown demanding that people not leave their homes. The government claims its ICUs are being overrun with COVID patients.

If this is true, why does a field hospital set up in Ontario to handle the COVID overflow have no patients?

Writing for the Toronto Sun, Joe Warmington explains:

If Ontario’s hospital ICUs are overflowing, why is the temporary COVID field hospital at Sunnybrook empty and unused?

And why are patients being sent out of town to other parts of the province as Health Minister Christine Elliott said Wednesday?

“Intensive Care Units (ICUs) have more patients now than they ever did in previous waves,” Elliott told reporters. “With many hospitals at capacity, we are seeing patients being transferred to other hospitals for the care they need — sometimes hundreds of kilometres away.”

What’s the reason for this? There are 85 new, empty hospital beds at the field hospital.

When Toronto Sun Queen’s Park Bureau Chief Antonella Artuso asked this question, Elliott did not seem to have a complete answer.

READ: WARMINGTON: No patients at Sunnybrook’s COVID field hospital?

Recent emergency alert set out by the Ontario government explains the newest lockdown:

Of course, this is not the first time we’ve seen field hospitals sitting unused. The US spent millions of dollars setting up field hospitals around the US to handle the COVID pandemic. The vast majority were shut down having not received a single patient. READ: U.S. Field Hospitals Stand Down, Most Without Treating Any COVID-19 Patients AND Most field hospitals in $660 million project treated ZERO coronavirus patients

The problem with those pushing the COVID pandemic narrative is that while the number of COVID cases in Ontario is going up, the number of COVID deaths is not. In fact, the number of deaths is lower than it was during the height of the pandemic last year.

But as a result of Ontario’s recent stay-at-home lockdown, a business organization is warning that it will put thousands of businesses at risk of bankruptcy. READ: ‘Devastating’: CFIB warns Ontario lockdown puts thousands of businesses at risk

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.