MPs in Britain are saying if the government wants to terrify people with COVID statics, they should also be showing the true cost of the lockdowns along with those stats.
Daily Mail explains:
A senior Tory MP has called for the full cost of lockdowns to be disclosed as he highlighted their ‘extraordinary toll’ on mental health, the NHS and the economy.
Sir Graham Brady, chairman of the 1922 Committee of backbenchers, said that figures for excess deaths and lost jobs should be shown alongside Covid-19 statistics.
What are some of those other costs? Note these are just the direct costs on people directly tied to the country’s National Health Care system:
- The waiting lists for doctors and specialists have more than doubled from 4.2 million (pre-COVID) to 10 million.
- 2,000 are estimated to die because of delays in cancer treatments for lung, oesophageal and breast cancer.
- 40% increase in heart attacks in April.
- Scopes for bowel cancer have dropped to 12% of pre-COVID testing numbers.
- Chemotherapy hospital admissions have dropped 66%.
- A 15% increase in heart and stroke deaths for people under the age of 65 in March and April.
- Admission for common conditions have fallen by 173,000
- Dentist visits have fallen by 10 million.
- 540,000 people waiting for orthopaedic (hip and knees) and trauma treatment.
READ: ‘Give us facts about the true price of coronavirus’: Full cost of lockdowns should be disclosed amid fears of an ‘extraordinary toll’ on mental health, says senior Tory MP Sir Graham Brady
There are other costs to lockdowns:
READ: Overdose Deaths Explode In Ohio County After Lockdown, Coroner Cites Joblessness
READ: COVID-19-related mental health disorders will cause increased suicides, drug overdoses: researchers warn
READ: More youth are dying of suicide, overdose than COVID-19 during pandemic: CDC director
READ: U.S. Lockdowns Trigger Surge in Domestic Violence
READ: A Major Crisis Deepened During The Covid Lockdowns: Opioids
READ: Report: Suicide rise from lockdowns to kill more than coronavirus in Australia
READ: California doctors say they’ve seen more deaths from suicide than coronavirus since lockdown
READ: Suicide, help hotline calls soar in Southern California over coronavirus anxieties
READ: Lockdown-inspired suicides on course to DWARF coronavirus deaths in Australia & in time, even in US – studies
READ: Depression Has Skyrocketed During the COVID-19 Pandemic, Study Says
READ: Psychiatrists warn of negative effects of lockdown on mental health
READ: UK lockdown causing ‘serious mental illness in first-time patients’
READ: Problem drinking soars under UK lockdown, say addiction experts
READ: New thinking on COVID lockdowns: They’re overly blunt and costly
READ: Critics say lockdowns will be more damaging than the virus. Experts say it’s a false choice