People are starting to have pandemic nightmares over COVID-19, because of the media reports. Here is some good news to counter the fear:
- 80% of people who get the COVID-19 virus will have mild symptoms. Nearly 50% will have no symptoms at all.
- Germany’s death rate for COVID-19 is .37%, that is flu numbers. Why is it so low? Because Germany is testing everyone and is finding out more people have the disease than previously thought, but had mild or no symptoms. This in turn has significantly lowered the country’s death rate for the virus.
- Washington State is closing down its field hospitals set up to deal with thousands of people expected to come down with COVID-19. They did not handle a single patient.
- New York hospitals reporting a reduction in the number of patients in ICU for the first time.
- INTEGRIS Baptist Medical Center in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma temporarily closes most of its facility due to “a mass decline in patients.”