With churches being closed down or services limited because of the Coronavirus, we all could use some good news about Christianity.
Facts and Trends recently published ten things happening around the world, that is good news for the Christian faith.
Below are five of them:
1. BOTH AFRICA AND LATIN AMERICA HAVE MORE CHRISTIANS THAN EUROPE. (My note: Great news, mixed with bad)
3. CHRISTIANITY IS GROWING AT FIVE TIMES THE RATE AS ATHEISM. (My note: The few that are left are just getting noisier.)
4. BY 2050, CHARISMATIC CHRISTIANS WILL OUTNUMBER THE NON-RELIGIOUS. (My note: Charismatics and Pentecostals are driving the growth of the Christian faith. Southern Baptist membership has unfortunately been falling for several years.)
5. CHRISTIANITY WILL TOP 3 BILLION ADHERENTS BEFORE 2050. (My note: The current population of the world is 7.8 billion)
8. THE PERCENTAGE OF NON-CHRISTIANS WHO KNOW A CHRISTIAN IS CLIMBING. (My note: It’s even happening in Iran.)