At times, Justin Bieber, 19, must feel his life is spiralling out of control as he bounces from one conflict with police to another.
There are hints Justin is becoming concerned and may be trying to change his life. A blog post on the New York Post’s Page Six reported Justin Bieber was recently looking to get water baptized.
The unsuccessful attempt apparently took place on Saturday, February 1, 2014.
A source told the Page Six:
“Justin and his team spent time on Saturday searching for a place with a pool where they could conduct a baptism for him, a cleansing ritual, with the Hillsong Church. But they couldn’t find a place in time.”
A second source confirmed the story adding Justin “is serious about his Christian Faith, and after recent events, he needed to take a pause.
Apparently, Justin was baptized as a young child. He has attended the Hillsong mega church in New York in the past and considers the church’s senior pastor, Carl Lentz, to be a friend. While attending the church in September, Bieber released a tweet stating, “Amazing sermon at the church this morning. Love you man. I broke down today.”
Justin became famous after producing a number of YouTube videos featuring his singing. But his rapid climb to fame has been a rocky one.
Over recent weeks, Justin has made almost weekly appearances in the media and with the police.
- January 9, 2013: Los Angeles police investigated complaints Justin Bieber egged his neighbour’s home on Thursday, January 9, 2013. During their investigation, police found cocaine in Bieber’s house belonging to other people at the party.
- January 23, 2014: Miami-county police arrested Justin for driving under the influence and resisting arrest. The police allege Bieber was driving a yellow Lamborghini while influenced by alcohol, prescription drugs and marijuana. They also allege the Canadian pop star was drag racing with a red Ferrari at 4 am. Bieber’s driver’s license was also expired. The police released Justin on $2,500 bail.
- January 29, 2014: Justin Bieber turned himself into the Toronto police. Police allege he assaulted a limousine driver on December 30, 2013.
His mom is praying
Pattie Mallette, 37, is Justin’s mom and she is very concerned about her son. Pattie is a born-again Christian. According to an article in the English-based Sun newspaper, Pattie said:
“I think so many people go into the entertainment industry with amazing Christian roots and they get influenced somehow. I ask that people keep me and Justin in their minds. I pray for him every day.”
Pattie spoke these words at a KSBJ’s Girls’ Night Out event in Houston, Texas. KSBJ is a Christian radio station.
Pattie understands the struggles Justin is going through having been a drug addict herself. As a teen, she became involved in drugs and even turned to dealing.
It all came crashing down after she tried to commit suicide. It eventually led her to believing in Christ and turning her life around:
“Everything came to a head by the time I was 17, when I tried to commit suicide. I pray that what happened to me will happen for everyone, for people that are struggling with pain, depression and hopelessness.”
Shortly after her suicide attempt, Pattie became pregnant with Justin. Though friends encouraged her to abort, she decided not to.
She asks, “if Justin’s struggling, don’t kick him when he’s down or condemn him — pray for him.”
A mother’s faith
Mothers should never underestimate the impact they can have on their children. In his letter to Timothy, who was pastoring the Ephesus church, the Apostle Paul said to the young pastor:
For I am mindful of the sincere faith within you, which first dwelt in your grandmother Lois and your mother Eunice, and I am sure that it is in you as well. (2 Timothy 1:5 NASV)
Timothy’s faith and importance in the Kingdom of God could be traced back through two key women — his mother and her mother.
Simply, mother’s have influence.
- Justin Bieber scoured NYC for pools to get baptized: NYPOST.com
- Justin Bieber seeks spiritual cleansing, baptism in New York: Charisma News
- Bieber’s mom: I pray for Justin: Yahoo news
- Justin Bieber’s Mum Pattie Mallette Admits She ‘Prays for Her Son Everyday’ As Bad Boy Ways Continue: Entertainment Wise
- Justin Bieber’s mother, Pattie Mallette, worried about her son’s negative influences: ‘I pray for him every day’: National Post