Fox News reports that the lawlessness which is sweeping California has resulted in the death of a security guard who was shot trying to protect a news crew from a ‘smash and grab’ as individuals tried to steal the crew’s camera equipment in Oakland.
Ironically, the news team was reporting on a recent ‘smash and grab’ in the city.
There have been several ‘smash and grabs’ in California over the past few weeks, but one specifically revealed more are on the way.
Eight people looted a Home Depot store in Lakewood, California on Black Friday. Though, they only stole $400 worth of goods, it is what they stole that is concerning, because it included sledgehammers, crowbars, hammers and other items typically used in ‘smash and grabs’.
Fox News highlighted some recent ‘smash and grabs’:
- California: Five people stole $25,000 worth of purses from a Nordstrom store in Los Angeles.
- California: A large group stole merchandise from a Bottega Veneta in Los Angeles.
- California: Four people stole $30,000 worth of sunglasses from a Sunglass Hut in Monterey.
- California: Four thieves stole $20,000 from an Apple Store in Santa Rosa.
- California: Upwards of 80 people stole between $100,000 and $200,000 from a Nordstrom store in Walnut Creek.
- California: Four people stole $40,000 worth of items from a Llulemon store in San Jose.
And it is not just happening in California:
- Minnesota: 30 people plundered a Best Buy in Burnsville.
- Minnesota: Upwards of 12 people attacked a Best Buy in Maplewood.
Unfortunately, left leaning government policies have fostered a climate, including defunding and demonizing police, that has emboldened the criminal elements in society.
But Jesus did warn that this was coming:
12 And because lawlessness is increased, most people’s love will become cold. (Matthew 24:12 NASV)