According to data recently released by the US Center for Disease Control (CDC), the COVID survival rate for those 69 and younger is 99+% depending on age and for those 70 years an older, it’s 94.6%.
The data reveals that the elderly and those with underlying health issues (often the same people) are clearly the most vulnerable to the Coronavirus and this is where the bulk of the deaths are coming from
CDC’s new IFR estimates broken down by age are part of the agency’s September 10 update to its “COVID-19 Pandemic Planning Scenarios.”
Based on the “Scenario 5: Current Best Estimate” for the IFR, Breitbart News confirmed the updated age-specific survival rates: 0-19 years old, 99.997 percent; 20-49 years old, 99.98 percent; 50-69 years, 99.5 percent; and 70 years old or older, 94.6 percent.
That means that for people 69 years old or younger, the survival rate is between 99.5 percent and 99.997 percent, while for those 70 or older, it is an estimated 94.6 percent.
Breitbart News gleaned the survival rate figures from the CDC’s IFR estimates: 0-19 years old, 0.003 percent; 20-49 years old, 0.02 percent; 50-69 years, 0.5 percent; 70 years old or older, 5.4 percent.
Driven by the high rate among seniors age 70 and older, the average of the age-specific IFRs included in the CDC document stands at an estimated 1.5 percent. That is much higher than the seasonal flu’s mortality rate of about 0.1 percent but substantially lower than death rate estimates prior to the nationwide lockdowns intensifying.
This falls in line with four Canadian epidemiologists who stated that the chances of a person 65 years or younger dying from COVID is the same as dying from a car accident. READ: Opinion: We are infections disease experts. It’s time to lift the COVID-19 lockdowns
Here are the stats from Britain for COVID deaths by age group (June 2020):
The CDC previously reported that only 6% of Americans listed dying from COVID, died solely of the virus. The remaining 94% had on average 2.6 underlying health issues. READ: CDC: 6% of coronavirus deaths were solely from COVID-19