The premier of the Australian state of Victoria, Daniel Andrews, is described as a left wing radical so it should come as no surprise that he took a page out of the playbook of the Communist Party of China, when a 28-year-old pregnant Melbourne woman posted a call for a “Freedom Day” rally on Facebook.
Zoe Buhler was trying to organize a rally protesting the tyrannical Covid lockdown imposed by the government. Her arrest is reminiscent of the Communist Party of China’s treatment of freedom protestors in Hong Kong.
Police in Australia arrested a pregnant 28-year-old woman in front of her partner and two children Wednesday for allegedly planning a coronavirus lockdown protest and promoting it on Facebook.
Police in the state of Victoria took the woman, Zoe Buhler, into custody at her home after she created a “freedom day” event on Facebook calling for people to peacefully gather against the government’s lockdown measures.
“As some of you may have seen the government has gone to extreme measures and are using scare tactics through the media to prevent the Melbourne protest,” the now-deleted event description read, ABC News reports.
At the insistence of the state’s health authorities, here are lockdown rules imposed by Premier Andrews:
- It is illegal for people to leave their homes after 8 PM, unless they have proper paperwork, which they must carry with them.
- Facemasks are mandatory even outside.
- Helicopters are flying at night with spotlights looking for people who have left their homes and/or are not wearing masks.
- During the day only one person is allowed to leave the home at one time and police are going door to door to make sure this rule is enforced.
- People are not allowed to travel more than 5 km from their home in a vehicle. This means it is even illegal to flee the state. Police are using hi-tech drones to catch people who have driven to far.
Australian police are apparently being sued for the brutal take down of a woman who had a medical exemption allowing her to not wear a mask. NOTE: Either the police attack was so brutal or YouTube is trying to cover up the Australia’s left-wing extremism, whatever the case, YouTube is requiring you to sign in to view the takedown: