When US Rep Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, the newly elected radical leftist and rising star in the Democratic party, recently issued a warning that the world is going to end in 12 years if we don’t stop man-made global warming she was just parroting the propaganda being released by UN climate change report in October 2018. The report was part of the UN’s Paris climate accord.
In order to hold global warming to 1.5 degrees by 2030, we would need to reduce CO2 emissions by 45% below 2010 levels and then by have our emissions reach zero by 2050 in order for there to be a 66% chance of holding it to just a 1.5 Celsius degree temperature rise.
With temperatures scheduled to reach -30 Celsius in the next three days where I live, I would be delighted if it was a balmy -28.5 Celsius instead.
Of course this is not the first time we have received such dire warnings.
In his 2007, Nobel Peace prize acceptance speech, Al Gore predicted that the arctic would be ice free in seven years, 2014. He was wrong. In fact, a satellite images provided by the University of Illinois Cryosphere project revealed that between 2012 and 2014, the arctic ice bed actually grew:
Then in a March 20, 2000 interview, scientist Dr. David Viner told The Independent:
“Children just aren’t going to know what snow is.”
He further added that “snow will become ‘a very rare and exciting event.” Well I have been snow blowing every couple weeks or more since November and the phrase “rare and exciting event” is not the words I would use to describe spending a couple hours of out in the cold. When he said this, Dr. Viner wasn’t just any scientist, at the time he was working for the research arm that provided the data for UN’s Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change.
Simply, his computer model predictions were wrong.
Of course, just because their predictions are wrong doesn’t mean the alarmism will stop. Several groups have been warning of declining polar bear populations because of man-made global warming, meanwhile people who actually live in the Canadian Arctic are calling for a cull of Polar bears, because there are too many.
Each years, the Global Warming Policy Forum based in London, England provides awards to the best man-made global warming alarmists in the previous year.
They their report titled Tallest Climate Tales of 2018, they cited several examples:
- They put an article by Mark Prigg in the Daily Mail at the top of their list when one researcher said that Blue Whales are singing louder in order to be heard over the cracking of the Arctic ice. According to the article, researchers have noted a drop in the pitch of the whale songs over the past several decades.
- An article by L. Robertson predicted rising CO2 levels would result in more car accidents. His report was published in a journal called Injury Prevention.
- An article in the Daily Mail said man-made Global Warming would result in more people peeing the bed and plagues of voles and ticks.
The problem with global warming is that it has become so politicized, it is impossible to tell what is truth and what is politics.
- Ocasio-Cortez’s climate alarm isn’t shocking. She’s just repeating months of media narrative: Daily Caller
- We Have A Winner: Climate’s Tallest Tale 2018: The Global Warming Policy Forum
- ‘Daft’ story of loud of whales gets ‘tallest climate tale’ award: WND
- Myth of arctic meltdown: Stunning satellite images show summer ice cap is thicker and covers 1.7 million square kilometres more than 2 years ago…despite Al Gore’s prediction it would be ICE-FREE by now: Daily Mail
- Snowfalls are now just a thing of the past: Independent.co.uk
- ‘So many bears:’ Draft plan says Nunavut polar bear numbers unsafe: CTV News