Main, z93, z94, z95, z96, z97
Leave a Comment

Financially support opentheWord through Makersupport


Rural church in Iceland

Rural church in Iceland

If you are interested in making a donation to support the ministry of opentheword.org, we have set up a page at Makersupport.com/opentheword. Donations can be as small as $1US.

Makersupport.com is a website dedicated to helping various creators such as writers, video producers, musicians and artists to raise money to support their craft.

You can make a onetime donation or even set up a monthly donation.  Any help, no matter how big or small, will be appreciated. On average about 90% of the money donated through Makersupport goes to the creator with the remaining 10% going to administration/credit card fees.

Jesus had people who supported His group disciples financially. Luke lists three by name, Mary Magdalene, Joanna (the wife of a manager who worked for King Herod) and Susanna.

8 Soon afterwards, He began going around from one city and village to another, proclaiming and preaching the kingdom of God. The twelve were with Him, and also some women who had been healed of evil spirits and sicknesses: Mary who was called Magdalene, from whom seven demons had gone out, and Joanna the wife of Chuza, Herod’s steward, and Susanna, and many others who were contributing to their support out of their private means. (Luke 8:1-3 NASV)

Most know who Mary is, Joanna is mentioned a second time in Luke 24:9 as one of the group of women who discovered Jesus’s empty tomb. Susanna is not mentioned again in the New Testament.

There were also several others making contributions to Jesus’s ministry, but we don’t know who they were. I expect Mary, Joanna and Susanna made regular contributions while the others were probably more sporadic and gave as they were able.

These three women and the several other unnamed people played a key role in helping Jesus’s ministry in the important three year period leading up to Christ’s crucifixion. Without their financial help, Christ’s ministry would have been limited, but God provided the resources that Jesus and the disciples needed.

We would like to provide a venue for people who God may lead to make a financial contribution to Opentheword.org. We are not a charity and can not issue a tax receipt.

If you are interested in donating please go to makersupport.com/opentheword. If you would like to make a one-time contribution, please click on the “tipjar.” If you would like to set up a monthly contribution, you will need to set up an account on Makersupport.com/opentheword.

So what will we use the money for?

Funding website costs

Since its inception, I have been picking up the tab for all costs associated with hosting opentheword.org. However, there are various levels of hosting that give us more flexibility and design alternatives, including uploading videos. These of course will increase our costs for operating the site.

Funding writers

All the writers donate their time to writing for opentheword.org. We have over 13 writers, who have written for the site over the past few years.  I would like to raise enough money where we could at times pay them a small per diem. It would be more of a thank you for writing an article, than actually paying them to write. Those who write for opentheword.org do so willingly and we are grateful for their contribution. But we would like to say thank you in a small way.

Funding equipment/software

The third area where money would go to is for the purchase of equipment and software. These are the hidden costs associated with operating a website. Things are ever-changing in the technological sphere and at times this requires changes whether we want them or not. Older programs no longer run on the new operating systems. Things wear out and new equipment is needed.

We are also wanting to move into videos and this is a completely different venue than we have been operating in with opentheword. The costs include camera equipment, sound, lighting, streaming devices and software.

If you feel God would like you to contribute to this ministry, please go to makersupport.com/opentheword.

God Bless

Dean Smith

 

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

w

Connecting to %s